Amcrest Wireless Outdoor Security Cameras Vs
There are various models of wireless outdoor security cameras ideal for homes or small businesses including Amcrest, Foscam, Microseven, Reolink and Arlo
Why Outdoor Cameras
Not all models of wireless security camera designed for outdoor, you should assure that the cameras are designed to withstand from any harsh environment such as extreme temperature changing, wind, water and probably from lightening.
Implementing a camera outdoor is sometimes complicated when you require to run video data cabling to your monitor, or to the NVR system or direct to your router so that you can view the video remotely via the internet anywhere you are via the palm of your mobile devices including Android, iOS or Windows phone.
A better thing is that your camera is vandal resistant besides weatherproof resistant, something like IK10 vandal-resistant rating. This feature is to ensure that your camera is resistant from any smack attempt.
The following 5 products are ideal wireless outdoor security cameras for homes, small offices or small businesses with IP66 rating weatherproof. Choose one of the products that is suitable for your business need and the flagship presented here is Amcrest IP4M-1026W wireless outdoor security camera.
1. Amcrest IP4M-1026W
Amcrest IP4M-1026W is one of wireless outdoor cameras offered by Amcrest including the bullet model of Amcrest IP4M-1028W dome wireless outdoor camera, both model offer high resolution 4MP (2688×1520) @30 fps.
It’s built with metal case housing construction with IP67 rated weatherproof to protect against any harsh environment.
- Built with Sony IMX322 progressive scanning image sensor and Ambarella S2Lm chipset
- High resolution 4MP (2688×1520) @30 fps
- Wide field of 118 degree viewing angle
- Intelligent digital zoom and it supports night vision up to 98ft with 30 IR LEDs
- Motion detection and email alerts
- Wifi connection single 2.4Ghz band
- Free 4 hours cloud storage, other cloud services are available
- No audio
- No local memory storage
With the absence of local memory storage you may connect to Amcrest NVR system or any other Onvif NVR system, see also Amcrest 8 channel NVR and Foscam, or even the high resolution 4K security camera system.
Click the above link to see the current price and rating and purchase in Amazon, so far the current rating is excellent above 4 stars.
2. Microseven M7B77-WPS
Microseven M7B77-WPS is one of high performance wireless outdoor security cameras in the market with internal storage up to 128GB. The good thing is that this camera supports POE in addition of wifi connection. With POE camera, you can run a single CAT5e single cable for video data and power from camera to NVR with POE switch such as Amcrest and Zmodo 8 channel DVR.
If you compare Amcrest IP4M-1026 with this product, Microseven is featuring an internal storage up to 128GB but Amcrest isn’t. it’s a good thing when you don’t connect the camera to the NVR or cloud storage like Amcrest. However, the resolution is not so high as Amcrest IP4M-1026W.
- Image sensor ½.8” CMOS by Sony 3MP resolution
- Fixed lens of 3.6mm with 71 degree viewing angle
- Night vision with 24 IR LEDs up to 65 ft distance
- Wireless 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps in addition of RJ-45 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- POE support single cable for data and power connection
- Storage with built-in SD Card memory slot up to 128GB, NVR or NAS
- IP66 rating weatherproof
- Free for viewing live and record videos anytime from anywhere plus add your camera on microseven.tv
- Built-in Mic and speaker for two way audio
- 1080p resolution (2MP) as opposed with 4MP (1520p) in Amcrest IP4M-1026W
- 71 degree field of view angle as opposed 118 degree offered by Amcrest
The good thing compared with Amcrest is that Microseven comes with two way audio and local memory micro SD card for storage.
Customer rating for this product is excellent so far, above 4 star in Amazon. it’s ONVIF compliant so you can connect it to any ONFIV NVR. It’s $60 more expensive compared with Amcrest.
3. Foscam FI9900PR
Unlike Amcrest with various models of high resolution wireless outdoor cameras up to 4MP in Amcrest IP4M-1026W, Foscam still left behind with full HD resolution IP camera – the FI9900P. This FI9900P is now enhanced to includes superior firmware and 2 meters extension cable with resolution 1920x 1080p @30 fps.
Amcrest doesn’t include audio, Microseven does with two way audio and built-in Microphone and speaker. Foscam FI9900PR supports two way audio too but with mic/speaker audio jack for optional external audio.
- High resolution 2.0MP (1920×1080) @30 fps
- 1/3” CMOS image sensor 2.8mm fixed lens f:1.2
- 106 degree horizontal wide field of view angle
- Magic digital zoom
- Night vision with IR LEDs IR CUT filter range up to 65 ft (20m)
- Ethernet; no POE support
- Wifi 802.11b/g/n adapter
- Motion detection and alerts
- P2P technology
- Two way audio with in/out jack for external microphone and speaker
- IP66 weatherproof
- Onvif compliant
- 1080p resolution, lower resolution than Amcrest 4MP
- No internal memory storage
The enhanced 2017 version of this Foscam FI9900PR is enhanced with the very stable and superior firmware and the customer rating in Amazon is excellent so far.
4. Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS
Hikvision offers bunch of IP cameras in any sizes, models, types and more variants. Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD is available in any models including wired or wireless, three models of focal lengths and more.
Resolution is 4MP (2688x1520p) @ 20 fps, you can have it faster @ 30 fps real time with lower resolution full HD 1080p.
- 8mm (option 4.0mm, 6.0mm) fixed 1/3” CMOS image sensor lens
- Field of view angle 106 degree (2.8mm); 83 degree (4.0mm); 56 degree (6.0mm)
- Full HD 1080p resolution @30 fps; 4.0MP (2688×1520) @20 fps
- 264 compression format
- Supports night vision with IR CUT filter, range up to 100 ft(30 meters)
- Alarm In/Out interface
- Memory micro SD Card up to 128GB
- Two way audio with interface for external speaker and microphone
- IP67 weatherproof and IK08 impact protection
- Supports POE and wifi
- Wireless adapter 802.11b/g/n single 2.4Ghz band, up to 150Mbps
- 1520p @ 20fps, compared with Amcrest 1520p @ 30 fps
See that Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS is superior than Amcrest but with slower rate (@20 fps). Hikvision supports both POE and wireless connection, memory micro SD card slot available and two way audio interface ports. You may consider newer model of DS-2CD2542FWD-IWS OEM
5. Reolink RLC-411WS
Most all the above wireless outdoor security cameras come with built-in single 2.4Ghz band wireless adapter for wireless connection to the network. Reolink RLC-411WS supports both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band for connecting to your wifi network.
The other features that make Reolink RLC-411WS are dual band with twin external antennas and 4x optical motorized zoom lens. optical zoom lens provides you very sharp and clear zoom superior results over digital zoom.
- 1/3” 4MP image sensor with 2560×1440 pixels resolution
- Varifocal 2.8~12mm motorized optical zoom lens;
- 4x optical zoom; 4MP resolution @30 fps
- Field of view angle 36~100 degree
- 264 compression format
- Embedded 16GB SD card
- Fast Ethernet port and dual band wireless adapter
- Supports night vision with 36pcs IR LEDs range up to 100 ft(30 meters)
- Plug and play, P2P and QR Code scan technology
Reolink RLC-411WS becomes one of best dual band wireless outdoor security camera in the market. If you compare it with Amcrest IP4M-1026W you can find that technically Reolink is superior over Amcrest knowing that Reolink features 4x optical motorized zoom, dual band and embedded with 16GB memory.
All of the above products offered by Amcrest, Microseven, Foscam, Reolink and Hikvision are wireless outdoor security cameras ideal to withstand against harsh environment such as extreme temperature changing and waterproof. Easy to install either wired or wireless connection. And all products come with fixed-lens for fix angle of view. For adjustable angle of view you may consider high grade camera – the 5MP IP camera with varifocal lens, and all are bullet type cameras. Should you require PTZ dome type camera – see various models of outdoor PTZ cameras.