Best 16 Channel Security Camera Systems
For medium to large home sizes, the need for 16pcs security cameras may be too much, but for a very large house of course the need for 16 cameras makes sense. The need for 16 cameras usually exists for security systems for offices, retail shops, apartments or industrial factories. See also Amcrest vs Hikvision 32 Channel System camera kit.
16-Channel Security Camera System
For this reason, the demand for 16 channel security camera system kits is quite high, especially to support the needs of industrial and office security systems. In addition, with the development of security camera systems, the need for high video resolution is also an important consideration in deciding what kind of security camera system to deploy.
Commonly for standard requirements, a 720p or 1080p camera resolution is sufficient; however for the need of higher detailed images, 1080p video resolution is insufficient. So that’s why the 4MP or 5MP camera resolutions even up to 8MP video resolution need to be considered.
The following products list top 16 channel security camera systems with the included cameras you may consider which one is suitable to meet your business need.
1. Zosi 1080p Kit
Zosi in this package is not a 16 channel NVR system but a DVR system; we don’t discuss differences between NVR and DVR in detail and are too technical here. At least the most apparent difference is that dvr system uses coaxial cable to run between camera and the dvr unit and the use of BNC interface on the recorder unit. And the good thing is that you can run this coaxial cable from the camera to the recorder unit up to 500 meters, however to avoid potential too much signal loss using cables under 300 meters is recommended.
For the needs of a small business such as a retail shop, 1080p video resolution is sufficient and you can live view or playback through your mobile device with good quality. And this module supports the H.265+ compression format developed by Zosi itself to save your hard drive storage, and this system includes preinstalled 4TB hard drive.
- 16 channel DVR security camera system with 16-port BNC interface
- H.265+ compression format support to save space up to 80% compared with H.264
- Includes 4TB hard drives
- You can control remotely or via monitor and it support 4 modes 24/7 record, Recycle Record, Schedule Record, and Motion Detection Record
- Comes with 16pcs of 1080p dome outdoor indoor camera with weatherproof, thunder protection, thermo stability and cold resistant
- Night vision with 24pcs IR LEDs range up to 65ft, black and white night vision
- 2 year warranty and 20/7 customer supports
- Only up to 1080p and no audio
This Zosi 16 channel security camera system bundle is tagged with the price around $549.00 in Amazon. Click the link below to learn more spec details and link to shop in Amazon.
2. Reolink 16 Channel Kit
For video resolution needs higher than 1080p (1920 x 1080) pixels, you can choose security camera with twice as high resolution as 1080p, the 2k security camera, or a security camera with 4MP or 5MP resolution. And Reolink offers a bundle of 16 channel NVR system package with 8pcs 5MP bullet model security cameras. When compared with Zosi above the camera resolution offered by Reolink is twice as high resolution as Zosi that is 5MP (2560 x 1920) @25 frame per second (fps).
The technology approach is different; Zosi is DVR-based recording system while Reolink is designed with NVR-based system. The connection cable between the camera and the recording unit is also different; NVR system uses UTP network cable rather than coaxial cable (used in DVR system).
- 16 channel 5MP NVR security camera system with built-in 16-port POE switch
- VGA and HDMI up to 1080p video output and 1 channel audio output
- Synchronous 4 channel playback up to 5MP
- Preinstalled 3TB hard disk – up to 12TB and external e-SATA port up to 4TB
- Comes with 8pcs 5MP bullet model camera (RLC-410) with 80 degree view angle
- Night vision with 18pcs IR LEDs range up to 100ft
- One way audio with built-in microphone
- IP66 weatherproof
- Not Onvif compliant, work with Reolink system only
With only 8pcs 5MP camera, while there is still available 8 more POE ports you can add more Reolink cameras up to 5MP resolution to the system. You cannot add Reolink 4k camera such as Reolink B800 to this RLK-16 NVR system, see also Reolink vs Lorex 4k 8 channel security camera system and also the wire-free camera – Reolink Argus 2 vs Lorex with color night vision.
The price tagged is around $720, and click the product’s link below to learn more spec details and link to shop in Amazon.
3. Annke 16 Channel System
If the bundle offered by Reolink above only contains 8 cameras, while your needs are full 16pcs security cameras, with nearly the same budget then you can consider Annke 16 channels security camera system with 16pcs of the same 5mp resolution cameras. Please note that this system is DVR same as Zosi, not NVR system like Reolink.
The number of security cameras in the bundle is 16pcs bullet model analog cameras with 5MP resolution and 100ft EXIR night vision range. The DVR system supports video output up to 4k resolution with HDMI, compared with Reolink that supports up to 1080p.
- 16 channel DVR security camera system with built-in 16-port BNC interface
- Supports up to 16 analog HD plus 2Ch IP with video resolution up to 5MP @12 fps
- Supports up to H.265+ compression format with preinstalled 4TB hard disk
- HDMI video output up to 4K; up to 2Kk VGA
- Comes with 16pcs 5MP @20 fps bullet model analog cameras with digital WDR
- EXIR night vision with 2pcs IR LEDs with 100ft night vision range
- 2.8mm fixed lens with glass cover
- IP67 weatherproof and durable housing
- No audio
This Annke 16 channel security camera system is tagged with affordable price around $800.00, more economical than the NVR kits offered by Reolink.
4. Dahua 16Ch and Turret Cameras
If the DVR system offered by Zosi is limited up to 1080p, and Annke is only limited up to 5MP, and the 16 Channel NVR offered by Reolink is also limited up to 5MP, Dahua in this package uses 16 channel security camera system which supports resolutions up to 4K (8MP).
In this package you can choose how many security cameras you need, starting from 8, 10, 12 or full 16 4MP turret model security cameras. If you choose less than 16 cameras, for example 12 cameras, the remaining 4 ports can use other models of Onvif cameras including 4K camera models if the requirement of 4k resolution cameras exists, considering that the NVR system offered supports video resolutions up to 8MP (4k). Or you may consider adding full color turret model Dahua camera such as Dahua IPC -HDW5442TM -AS-LED full color day and night. See also Starlight color night vision cameras.
- 16 channel 4K NVR system with built-in 16-port POE switch
- Comes with 4TB Hard disk and supports H.265 / H.264 compression format
- Maximum 200Mbps incoming bandwidth
- Supports PTZ control and Alarm In/Out
- 4MP @20 fps turret model POE outdoor cameras (Dahua IPC-HDW4433C-A) with H.265 format
- Night vision with range up to 98ft
- Fixed 2.8mm lens with 120dB WDR ad 3D DNR
- Audio with built-in microphone
- Smart motion and sound detection
- IP67 weatherproof
This product bundled is tagged with the price around $1,080.00 (with 12 cameras); and around $1,300.00 for 16 cameras. Compared with Reolink with 8 cameras that is tagged with $720, Dahua with 8 cameras bundled is tagged around $860.00. Reolink is cheaper, however you don’t have a chance to add any 4K cameras the NVR unit. Moreover, Reolink doesn’t support Onvif meaning that the recording unit can work only with Reolink cameras, but Dahua does.
5. Swann 16 Channel with Color Night Vision
If the four camera models we discussed above, they can provide black-and-white night vision view and recording at night, then it’s a good idea to consider a security camera system kit that can provide color night vision when recording events triggered by motion detection.
Swann offers a security system package with the ability to view color night vision when there is motion detection is triggered that activates the spotlight to provide enough light to illuminate the frame that allows the camera to record in color.
- NR-8580 16 channel 4k NVR system with built-in 16-port POE switch
- Comes with preinstalled 2TB hard disk
- Works with Google assistant and Chromecast for smart home environment
- Support DropBox integration to upload images to the cloud
- 16pcs of active deterrent 4k spotlight POE outdoor cameras
- Color night vision with bright spotlight and IR LEDs up to 115 ft (35m)
- Two way audio with built-in speaker and microphone
- Heat sensing detection and heat motion-based PIR detection like human and vehicle
- Supports Swann security app ecosystem
- Cameras are not Onvif
The capability of color night vision with bright spotlight as active deterrent cameras, this bundle kit with 16pcs active deterrent cameras is tagged with the price around $2,300.00 with all the included stuff (see details in the product link).
You may like to have Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU ColorVu 4MP Turret – turret model camera with full color 24/7, full color at night even in low light condition.
For smart homes you may also consider TP-link Kasa KC300s2 wire-free camera – battery power camera for outdoor. For bright and suoersite video quality you may consider high quality camera Google Nest Cam IQ Outdoor.