Best Value Hikvision 4MP IP Cameras
Hikvision introduces bunch of surveillance security camera systems including DVR, NVR systems and CCTV as well as various models of IP cameras. Take three of best value 4MP IP cameras offered by Hikvision with high customer rating.
Hikvision 4MP IP cameras
4MP high resolution is as known as 2K resolution camera, a camera with high resolution of about 2688x 1520 pixels. This high resolution camera offers very sharp image details, when you zoom in to get closer details of object in distance.
Connect to high bandwidth NVR
High resolution of 4MP cameras are ideal in connecting to high bandwidth 32 channel NVR system such as GW Security GW3432, HDView or Amcrest NV4432 or Hikvision DS-7732 32 channel NVR system and still more. Many NVR models with 16 channel system today offer high bandwidth system to allow high resolution 4MP camera connect to the system such as LaView LV-N9916C6 16 channel NVR, GW Security and still more.
Let’s take three of Hikvision 4MP camera that are popular in the market today with good customer rating.
1. Hikvision DS-2CD2342 Turret camera
This is one of best Turret model camera with 4MP image sensor, ideal for connecting to any NVR system with high bandwidth throughput. It comes with region of interest (ROI) feature to allow you record selected scene only and eliminate unneeded video recording to save storage.
With 2.8mm fixed lens this camera offers you wide 106 degree viewing angle and is also featuring EXIR LED for night vision with distance range up to 100 ft (33 m) at night. And it also supports H.264+ compression format, 70% better than H.264 in saving bandwidth and storage.
This model is built with2.8mm, you have options of 4mm,6mm lens with difference angle of view: 106°(2.8mm), 83°(4mm), 55.4°(6mm).
- Comes with high resolution 4MP (2688×1520 pixels) image sensor
- 8mm fixed lens with wide 106 degree view angle
- Featuring region of interest (ROI) recording to save storage
- Supports H.264+/H.264/MJPEG compression format
- IP67 weatherproof rated for outdoor placement
- Pan/Tilt/Rotation: 0° to 360°/0° to 75°/0° to 360° you have to adjust manually
- Supports night vision with EXIR LED to illuminate darkness up to 100 ft distance
- Intrusion and motion detection
To learn more spec and manufacturer’s description including current price and rating, click the following link:
You may also like the OEM product – Hikvison OEM Turret 4MP camera.
This camera is tagged with the price around $115.00 in the market, and you can compare with Amcrest IP2M-848E premium model with 1080p resolution (2MP) which costs almost twice as much as Hikvision Turret 4MP camera.
Hikvision turret doesn’t feature zoom but Amcrest does. Amcrest IP2M-848E features varifocal lens providing you 16x optical zoom.
2. Hikvision DS-2CD2142 Dome Camera
Another Hikvision 4MP camera is DS-2CD2142 series with dome model. The item 1 as discussed above you can find that it has 106 degree field of view angle, while DS-2CD2142 is a fixed 4mm lens with 83 degree field of view angle.
It also comes with EXIR LEDs to illuminate darkness up to 165 ft, longer distance than the Turret model. Both models supports 120dB wide dynamic range and 3D digital noise reduction. It also supports H.264+ compression format.
- Bullet model with IP66 weatherproof solid metallic housing with 3-axis adjustment
- High resolution 4MP (2688×1520 pixels) image sensor
- 0mm fixed lens with 83 degree field of view angle
- Optional Lens: (-I3: 4,6mm; -I5: 4,6,12mm; -I8: 6,12,16mm) @F2.0 angle of view: 83 degree (4mm), 55.4 degree (6mm), 24.7 degree (12mm), 19.1 degree (16mm)
- Featuring region of interest (ROI) recording to save storage up to 4 configurable areas
- Supports H.264+/H.264/MJPEG compression format
- Alarm Trigger: Motion detection, Tampering alarm, Dynamic analysis
- POE ready and 12V DC
This Hikvision 4MP dome model is tagged with higher price than the Turret model, it costs around $149.00.
Now, you may compare it with Amcrest IP4M-1025 which is also a bullet model. Amcrest IP4M-1025 is also 4MP resolution with 83 degree field of view angle, similar model.
See also comparison between Amcrest IP4M-1025 and Hikvision DS-2CD2042.
The last two Hikvision products in discussed above are built with fixed lens, you have option which focal length to use. But this product – Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS is built with varifocal motorized lens you may control by software. The lens varies from 2.8mm~ 12mm focal length providing you variations of field of view angle ranging from 112° to 33.8°.
With resolution of up to 4MP (2688×1520) @30 fps, this camera supports H.264+ compression technology, up to 70% save bandwidth and space video storage than H.264 standard. Nearly close to those camera with H.265 compression format normally applied to 8MP or 4K security cameras.
- High resolution 4MP (2688×1520) @30 fps
- Varifocal motorized lens 2.8mm ~12mm
- Field of view angle ranging from 112° to 33.8°
- Dual stream video
- Supports night vision with IR lens range up to 100 ft (30m)
- Supports two way audio with external ports
- Solid housing construction with IP67 weatherproof and IK10 vandal resistant
- Edge storage micro SD card up to 128GB
With high quality image detail and advanced features, Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD-IZS is tagged with more expensive than the above two products.