Get confused which Best 32 channel dvr / nvr system is to take in deploying surveillance system to meet your business? Find this best 32 channel dvr / nvr by each vendor.
In industries or large offices, the need for surveillance system that can monitor spots for up to 32 locations needs to be assessed in choosing which 32 channels DVR or NVR system that is in line with business needs and in accordance with the budget.
Things to consider
To choose which of the best 32 Channel NVR / DVR systems to support your business needs, then do a risk assessment first and adjust your business needs.
1. High resolution support
One of the most important specs to consider before other specs is the acceptable maximum resolution the system can support and the required camera resolution must also be compatible with the recorder unit used either dvr or nvr.
Adjust to your business needs, security camera system with 4mp (2k) resolution is sufficient or must use 8MP (4k). If detail image is a critical business requirement then use a camera system with 4k or higher resolution.
We did not discuss in detail the difference between the NVR and DVR systems, certainly if you choose 32-channel DVR then the cable that will be used is coaxial cable. On the other hand, for the 32 channel NVR requirement, all you need is a Cat5 or Cat6 UTP cable for data transmission between each of the security camera to the recorder unit.
2. Smart features
In general, security cameras support motion detection, but sometimes motion detection is not enough, probably your business needs more accurate detection such as human and vehicle detection in order to reduce false alerts. In security system with AI (artificial intelligent) technology, the camera system not only detects movement but can recognize faces that can be compared with a face database for appropriate alert decision.
3. Storage and Compression format
For business needs where storage system with long retention is required, large storage capacity is needed. Moreover, when storage with a good backup / restore system is needed, storage with RAIDS system capability needs to be considered.
In general, the compression format applied to almost all recorder system units is H.264, but now for the needs of security cameras that support up to 4k resolution requires nvr / dvr systems that must support H.265+ / H.265 compression format because this compressed format can save up to 60 ~ 70% of hard disk storage compared to the H.264 format and all DVRs / NVRs that support up to 4k resolution usually support H.265 in addition of H.264 format.
Which DVR or NVR unit is the best offered by each of the vendor? The following products are some of those best 32 channel dvr or 32 channel nvr system introduced by each vendor you may consider to purchase to support your business requirement.
Top 32 channel DVR NVR products
Investing large number of channels NVR system for businesses is better in case in the future the number of cameras increases in line with business growing. 32 channel DVR or NVR system is more likely the appropriate system for most medium businesses.
Before you choose a product, of course you need make such assessment in advance what specs are suitable for your business needs. For the needs of 32 channel DVR or NVR system, we present featured products from each of the vendors you may consider to choose which one is suitable to meet your needs.
1. Annke 32 channel DVR
For security camera needs up to 1080p resolution, the 32 channel DVR unit offered by Annke is very adequate besides the price is also affordable. This system is designed with pentabrid technology that allows the recorder to support 5 types of cameras (TVI / AHD / CVBS / CVI). Besides this product has a kind of switch to switch analog to the ip system that allows the system to receive 16pcs analog cameras and 18pcs ip cameras simultaneously.
This Annke 32 channel DVR system is ideal for motels, retail shops, apartment or any low bandwidth requirement systems and this product comes with preinstalled 3TB hard disk and support H.265 compression format to save your hard disk storage up to 70%.
- 1080p 32 channel DVR system with Pentabrid technology to support TVI / AHD / CVBS / CVI cameras
- Supports up to 18pcs IP cameras by switching the analog to IP system
- Supports H.265 / H.265+ compression format to save your video footage up to 70%
- Comes with preinstalled 3TB hard disk, can be expanded up to 10TB
- P2P technology to help you reduce complexities of remote access configuration
- Accurate and quick search / playback video footage
- 3-years of warranty and technical support
The good thing with DVR system and the use of coaxial cable is that you can run the cable up to 1,640 ft (500m) from the camera to the reorder unit technically. Setting up BNC cable is less complexity compared with RJ45 UTP cable.
This product is tagged with the price around $409.99 in Amazon. Click the link below to learn more spec details and link to SHOP in Amazon (#ads).
2. HDView 32 Channel DVR
Unlike the 32 channel DVRs offered by Annke above, HDView offers 40 channel systems that combine 32 channel DVR systems plus 8 channel NVR systems for IP cameras in a single 40-channel recording unit. In fact you can also change it from 8 NVR channels to 24 NVR channels plus the rest for the DVR system.
When compared with Annke, this Hdview can record up to 5MP camera resolutions (instead of only 1080p offered by Annke) both analog and ip cameras, and the good thing is Onvif compliant for third party cameras with Onvif compatible cameras.
- 40 channel combining 32 channel DVR plus 8 channel NVR system, recording up to 5MP resolution
- 5-in-1 DVR (HD-TVI, AHD, CVI, Analog 960H, IP) / NVR system
- Support H.265 compression format
- Video output VGA / HDMI up to 1080p resolution
- 4x SATA HDD, 6B each HDD for internal storage
- Doesn’t come with preinstalled HDD, you need to purchase the HDD
HDView 32 channel DVR and 8 Channel NVR system in one single recorder unit is advantageous to support larger number of spots to monitor. With excluded HDD you need to purchase, this system is tagged with the price around $585.00. Click below to SHOP in Amazon (#ads).
Click here to SHOP HDView 40CH in Amazon
The following products are NVR system-based recorder units with UTP cables as data transmission as well as power in one UTP cable.
3. Amcrest NV4432E
What Hdview offers above is a combination of DVR and NVR systems with resolutions up to 5MP Onvif cameras. If you currently have UTP network cable infrastructure, then you can use 32 channel nvr unit. Amcrest offers NV4432E series 32 channel NVR units with resolutions up to 5MP. This product is capable of playback up to 32 channel @5MP with incoming bandwidth up to 80Mbps.
You can connect any models of Amcrest camera such as Amcrest ip5m-t1179ew turret model camera with 5mp and long range night vision, or any other third party Onvif POE outdoor cameras up to 5MP resolution.
- 32 channel NVR with built-in 16-port POE Switch
- Recording resolution supports up to 5MP IP cameras @30 fps
- Bandwidth 80Mbps
- Compression format H.264
- Playback 32CH @ 5MP
- P2P technology and QR Code scan support for remote view with free Amcrest view app
- Storage internal 4x SATA drive up to 24TB with USB port for external data backup
- ONVIF compliant IP cameras supported
- Only up to 5MP
This Amcrest 32 channel nvr system is tagged around $469.00 in Amazon. To learn more details about the product, click the following link for details including current price and rating in Amazon.
4. GW Security GW3432E-8S
Unlike HDView and Amcrest 32 channel nvr system as discussed above that is capable of recording up to 5MP IP cameras, GW Security offers a higher resolution 32 channel dvr system. GW Security GW3432E-8S which is capable recording up to 4K resolution @30 fps all 32 channel simultaneously with incoming bandwidth up to 320Mbps.
HDView and Amcrest come with built-in 16-port POE switch, but this GW Security NVR system comes with only 8-port POE switch. You can add another POE switch for connecting more POE outdoor cameras.
- 32 channel 4K NVR with built-in 8-port POE switch
- Recording resolution supports 8MP/5MP/4MP/3MP/2MP IP Cameras, @30fps Real Time Recording
- Support latest H.265 / H.264 compression technology
- Live/Playback Performance: 12.0 MP Up to 2 Channel Real-time, 8.0MP(4K) All Channel Real-time
- 32 channel two way audio
- QR Code scan support for remote view
- Storage internal HDD: 3.5” SATA up to 32TB with USB backup storage
- Supports any ONVIF IP cameras
- Available only 8-POE switch
GW Security 32 channel DVR is ONVIF compliant so you can connect any third party ONVIF IP camera to the system. Or you may prefer any high resolution GW camera such as GW Security or Sunba auto tracking camera or any higher or lower resolution IP cameras. This product is tagged with higher price almost twice as much as HDView 32 channel DVR system.
5. Lorex N881A38B-W NVR
One of newly launched products by Lorex Technology was Lorex N881A38B 32 channel NVR system which supports up to 4K resolution @30 fps. You can add up to 16 4k cameras directly to the NVR unit that comes with built-in 16-port POE switch.
Considering the same capability of recording up to 4k resolution @30 fps all channels, Lorex N881A38B-W 32 channel DVR system comes with number of ports of the built-in POE switch twice as many as GW Security as discussed above, so you just need to purchase another 16-port POE Switch to connect to all 32 POE cameras to the recorder unit.
There is a difference in the capacity of live view playback, if at GW Security can live view playback simultaneously all 32 channels 4k @ 30 fps, Lorex is only up to 4 channels only for full speed 4k @ 30 fps even though it can full 32 channels live display.
- 32 Channels NVR sytem with built-in 16-port POE switch up to 30 watts power each port
- Support up to 8MP (4k) / 3840 x 2160 @30 fps
- Storage up to 2x 10TB with automatically overwrite the oldest footage with the newest
- USB backup, flash drive or USB HDD
- Supports HEVC (H.265) video compression , save up to 40%
- Auto recovery after power failures and watchdog for monitoring potensial system error
- Supports person / vehicle detection
- 4 channel @4k 30 fps simultaneous playback
- Alarm In/Out 4 channels/ 2 channels
You may connect any 4k Lorex cameras including the PTZ models, no worries of under power POE switch to drive the PTZ features since the POE ports supports up to 30watts power.
To learn more spec details click the link below including the link to SHOP in Amazon. Currently the price is around $900.00.
6. Dahua 32 channel NVR
Now we take one of the best NVR products offered by Dahua, DHI-NVR6a08-32 which is one of the mainstay products offered by Dahua in the 32 channel NVR 4k security camera system. Not only up to 8mp, but can be up to 12mp resolution with incoming bandwidth up to 384Mbps.
For very critical data needs such as data video footage at high security area such as in gold metal processing plant, Dahua provides storage redundancy solutions with support for RAID 0/1/5/10 hard disks configuration.
RAID 0 is block striped, no mirror, no parity RAID for excellent performance but it is not good for high critical storage system. RAID 1 is mirror system, no strippe and no parity, it is a good performance with excellent redundancy. RAID 5 is block stripped and distributed parity, good performance and redundancy.
And RAID 10 is a block mirrored and stripped system, excellent redundancy and performance, but most expensive configurations.
- High performance Dahua 32 channel NVR system with up to 12MP resolution for preview and playback
- Incoming bandwidth up to 384Mbps
- Internal HDD 8 SATA III Ports, Up to 8 TB capacity for each HDD
- supports HDD Mode Single storage, and Raid 0/1/5/10 (Enterprise-level HDDs)
- Smart Tracking and Intelligent Video
- Doesn’t come with built-in POE switch, you need separate 32-port POE switch
For the use of single mode storage (one hard disk), this Dahua DHI-NVR6a08 32 channel NVR system is too much. However, for high security area with critical data storage with capability of RAID disks this product is recommended to use.
7. Dahua N52B5P
Dahua introduces e-POE technology that allows data transmission from security camera to the recorder unit (NVR) as far as 800m (2524 ft), further than analog DVR systems that use coaxial cable that can only run up to 500m. This e-POE allows you transmit data and power over long distance Ethernet or coaxial cable.
E-POE technology is ideal for the needs of a very broad industry such as in a large factory area, mining industry, marine projects or airports. Of course both NVR system and the security camera must support this e-POE technology. One of the reorder units that supports this epoe technology is the Dahua n52b5p which supports security cameras with resolutions up to 4k.
- Up to 4k resolution and supports H.265+ / H.264+ dual codecs
- Up to 320Mbps incoming bandwidth
- Supports IP camera up to 12MP resolution
- Built-in 16 Ports (IEEE802.3af/at); Ports 1 through 8 support ePoE and EoC Signal Transmission up to 800 m (2524 ft)
- Internal storage 2x SATA III Ports, up to 10 TB capacity for each HDD
- Support all Dahua smart motion detection cameras and Automatic License Plate Capture from a dedicated license plate capture camera
- ONVIF 2.4, SDK, CGI
To take advantage of this e-poe technology of course you need security camera that supports e-poe as well, and a long UTP cable according to the required distance. If using coaxial cable, an lr1002 interface converter is needed as shown in the following picture below for installation.
For long distance camera data transmission, this e-poe is more reliable than transmitting data via a long-distance wifi connection which is very susceptible to signal interference.
Should ePOE is required, SHOP Dahua N52B5P 32 channel NVR that comes with 6TB Hard disk
Other storage capacity options, 2TB or 16TB of the hard disks are also available.
8. Hikvision DS-9632NI-I8
One of NVR products with 32 channel capacity offered by Hikvision is DS-9632NI-I8 32 channel NVR which can record up to 12MP resolution with incoming bandwidth up to 256Mbps, slightly smaller than Dahua which can be up to 384Mbps.
When compared with the above Dahua product physically you can find that Hikvision comes with a built-in 16-port POE switch, but Dahua does not. So you only need to add one 16-port capacity POE switch to get full 32 channel POE cameras.
- 32 channel NVR system with built-in 16-port POE switch
- Support H.265/ H.264 compression format
- Support 2-ch HDMI, 2-ch VGA, HMDI1 at up to 4K(3840×2160) resolution
- Up to 12MP recording resolution all channels with incoming bandwidth up to 320Mbps
- Up to 8 SATA interface with HDD hot swap with RAID 0,1,5,6,10 storage configuration, 6TB each hard disk
- Synchronous playback 16 channel, 4-ch @ 4K, or 16-ch @ 1080p
Both Dahua and Hikvision 32 channel products here are ideal for enterprise class environment where critical video footage must be treated redundantly to avoid data loss with RAID scheme capability. However, RAID configuration particularly RAID 10 configuration.
Click the link below to learn more spec details and link to shop in Amazon (#ads).
Deciding whether 32 channel DVR or 32 channel NVR to implement in businesses typically requires a careful assessment including the camera resolution, the distance between the camera and the recorder unit, storage capacity and how critical the data can be stored safely and so on. Usually selecting DVR allows you to run long distance coaxial cable up to 1500ft between the camera and the recorder unit. However, for NVR choice gives you maximum 300ft.
You may connect any ONVIF compliant IP cameras to the NVR including popular top 5 IP camera optical zoom in the market, IP cameras with motorized optical zoom you can control remotely via mobile devices.