Starlight Color Night Vision Camera System
Recording or viewing videos in color either during the day or at night is much better and more detailed than video views in black and white when night falls. Cameras with night vision in general provide black and white views when the daylight switches to dim night.
One of camera types that can provide color night vision or color recording at night is starlight camera, one of which was released by Annke in the 8 channel color night vision camera system kit. Besides that, there are also few camera models that introduce full 24/7 color cameras such as Hikvision Colorvu series and models of camera with color night vision when there is still ambient light at night like most recent models of Lorex security camera with its CNV (color night vision) technology. See Lorex vs Hikvision POE security cameras – all models of Lorex camera come with CNV technology.
Annke 8 Channel Color Night Vision
To meet the security needs of your property surveillance system, your large home or your business, Annke introduces the 8 Channel NVR system kit with 8pcs of starlight cameras, cameras with color night vision capabilities.
8pcs of security cameras for most medium to large size home needs is usually more than sufficient, for example one camera in front of the gate of the house, one on the porch, each one camera on the left, right of your house and backyard and couples of cam for indoor use. For your business needs when 8pcs cameras don’t cover the whole areas, you can use 16 channel NVR system kits or 32 channel system kits such as Amcrest and Hikvision 32 channel system.
Annke in this kit comes with 8 channel NVR system with built-in 8-port POE switch to allow connect up to 8pcs of 5MP security cameras. And this recording system is ready for cameras with H.265 compression format for 60% more efficient than legacy H.264 compression format.
The security camera offered in this bundle is starlight camera where it comes with starlight image sensor that can provide color night vision even though in low light conditions. When human eyes cannot see clearly when illumination is under 20Lux, but the starlight sensor can still provide color night vision.
Take a look at the highlights of this Annke 8 channel security camera kits.
- 8 channel NVR system with built-in 8-port POE switch
- Recording resolution up to 4k resolution with H.265 / H.264 compression format support
- Smart search / playback
- Preinstalled with 2TB Hard disk
- 8pcs 5MP bullet model security camera
- 2.8mm fixed lens with 100 degree wide viewing angle
- Starlight camera with color night vision up to 0.01lux illumination
- 2pcs infra-red LEDs range up to 100ft (30m)
- IP67 weatherproof with durable metal housing
- Remote Access & Motion Detection Alerts with free mobile app and PC client
- Onvif compatible
- Cameras don’t support audio
This Annke product is tagged with the price around $ 629.99 consists of 8 channels nvr system plus 8pcs of 5MP color night vision cameras. This product is very sufficient for your property or business security system needs. Click the link below for specs of the nvr system and camera, and the shop link to Amazon.
The following security cameras are those that feature color night features.
1. Reolink Argus 2
Reolink introduces few models of wire-free camera – camera with battery powered to let you easily place the camera anywhere without having to provide power adapter, so completely wire-free. Reolink Argus 2 is one of them with starlight image sensor for color night vision capability you can configure via Reolink app.
Unlike Annke product above that is sold in a bundle consisting of a recorder unit and 8pcs starlight cameras, Reolink Argus 2 can work without having to connect to the recorder (NVR) unit. However Argus camera requires a connection to the existing WiFi network in your home with a single band wifi connection.
- Full HD 1080p resolution @15 fps with H.264 format
- Fixed lens with starlight image CMOS sensor
- Wide 130 degree view angle with 6x digital zoom
- Built-in 802.11bgn wifi 2.4GHz band
- Battery powered – 5200mAh rechargeable battery or optional Reolink Solar panel and optional 5V/2A power adapter
- Support local memory micro SD card up to 64GB and supports Reolink cloud storage
- IP65 weatherproof casing
- Two way audio with built-in speaker and microphone
- Resolution is only 1080p @15fps
When you compared Argus 2 with Annke camera, off course Annke offers higher resolution twice as high resolution as Argus. And the price is only under $100 / Argus unit.
2. Dahua IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED
Dahua introduces a large number of full color camera series by applying large aperture lens technology that allows the image sensor to capture as much light as possible to produce brighter images and full color despite the very low light conditions. The larger the aperture opened the greater the light that can be captured by the image sensor. One of the full color camera series from Dahua is IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED with 4MP (2K) resolution.
- 4MP resolution (2688 × 1520) @ 1 fps–25/30 fps with H.265 support
- Large image sensor 1/1.8” fixed lens with optional 2.8mm; 3.6mm; 6.0mm
- Minimum illumination 0.002 Lux @f1.6.
- Field of view angle H: 113° (2.8mm); 89° (3.6mm); 56° (6.0mm)
- Smart event trigger and object abundant / missing
- Day/Night: Electronic Auto/Color/B/W
- WDR 140dB and 3D DNR
- Support local memory storage micro SD Card up to 256GB
- Built-in Microphone for audio In
- IP67 weatherproof with metal housing
This Dahua 4mp color night vision is tagged with the price around $170 in Amazon, more expensive than Reolink Argus 2 but the resolution is twice as high as Argus. When you compare Dahua with Annke as discussed above you can find that the minimum illumination for Dahua is 0.002 Lux @f1.6, Annke is 0.01Lux.
See also full color technology offered by Hikvision – Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU ColorVu 4MP Turret, in addition of 4k resolution full camera.
You may also like comparison between Reolink and Lorex 4K 8 Channel POE NVR. For homes that need easy to install camera – you may consider Kasa KC300s2 wire-free camera vs Reolink vs Amcrest.