Top 10 Baby Video Monitors and Cameras
Are you parents who want to always keep an eye how funny your baby’s playing or sleeping in his / her room while you have to keep working in another room in your home? Installing the video baby monitor is the solution.
Why Baby Monitor
Baby video camera is a simple DIY video camera installation even by moms, no technical stuffs you need to understand. Just plug to the power and follow the step-by step instruction and you will soon in business. It’s not like complicated jobs as those large scale 32 channel NVR systems with network cabling installation and manual setting of varifocal HD 5MP camera, or setting the outdoor HD PTZ camera in the height for businesses.
This article shows you top 10 baby video monitors or baby monitor cameras you can choose from the online store to suit your need.
Most the products listed here are those products that are independent cameras that don’t need to connect to the internet. Should you prefer IP cameras that can be monitored remotely from the internet, you may consider any models of home wifi cameras such as Reolink C3 wifi camera or Amcrest 2K Shield camera.
You may read some reviews from online stores to understand how they are satisfied with the product they use so far, how the strength and weakness of the product reported by the customers.
1. Infant Optics DXR-8
Most popular top 10 baby video monitors is Infant Optics DXR-8 that comes with interchangeable optic lens to suit your environment. It reminds me with the DSLR camera that can mount various types of optical lens either wide angle or zoom types lens. You can remotely pan the camera up to 270 degrees, and tilt the camera up to 120 degrees.
- Interchangeable Optical Lens to suit the best viewing angle and zoom
- Comes with 3.5” full color LCD monitor with antenna and LED for activated sound – can support up to four cameras
- You can easily Pan, Tilt and digital zoom the camera remotely
- Comes with optical zoom lens and wide angle lens (sold separately)
- Infrared night vision
- Two way audio, room temperature sensor and more.
- Dual USB charger and long life battery, 10 hours for power-saving mode and up to 6 hours continuous screen on
- Transmit up to 700 ft line of sight
This product becomes best seller #1 in Amazon with average customer rating 4.3 out of 5 star, excellent rating for baby monitor cameras. The price is around $180 is worth for keeping an eye of your lovely baby to be in safe and convenient environment.
2. Motorola MBP26
The most popular #2 in baby video monitors is Motorola MBP26, low price and perform well, the lower price compared with DXR-8 which costs around $80, one camera and monitor. You can also add up to 4 cameras per monitor with wifi range of up to 520ft. The included LCD monitor is smaller in size, 2.4” full color LCD screen to help you view the camera and control the Pan-Tilt remotely. The performance is good with average customer rating of 3.8 out of 5 star.
- Wifi coverage up to 520ft with out of range alert
- Includes 2.4” full color LCD screen with infrared night vision
- Optical Pan and Tilt and LED sound level indicators on parent unit
- Two way communication
- Parent unit has a rechargeable battery with a low battery alert
- Parent unit can be paired with up to four baby units (cameras); One parent unit (monitor) and one baby unit (camera) included
This is one of baby monitor cameras with night vision infrared and the capability of Pan-Tilt, digital zooming can also be done. Unlike Infant Optics DXR-8 that allows you change the optical lens, this MBP26 has only single lens built in the camera unit. You may compare this Motorola product with other two Motorola products below – MBP41 and MBP43.
3. Motorola MBP41
Most popular #3 in baby video monitors is Motorola MBP41 that comes with slightly larger LCD color screen compared with MBP26. No room temperature indicator like the DXR-8, nor is MBP26. The price is around $160, one camera with PTZ capability and night vision plus LCD monitor. All the three products are not designed for remote site monitoring like those wireless home security cameras which you can view remotely via your mobile devices either Android or iOS. All of these baby monitor cameras are designed for local area. Currently the average customer rating in Amazon is 3.8 out of 5 stars, good enough.
- Comes with Camera with remote pan, tilt and zoom capability
- Comes with full color LCD 2.8” screen
- Wifi connection with 2.4 GHz FHSS wireless technology
- Enhanced two-way communication
- Night and Day camera with infrared night vision
- Wifi range is up to 590ft (LOS) with sound level indicator
- LCD monitor (Parent Unit)comes with battery pack and power adapter for camera
Unlike home security camera in general with separate DVR and monitor (see also popular cheap home security camera) you can split the screen between the connected camera – two, three or four. However with the small size LCD screen most baby monitor cameras include, you cannot split the screen between connected camera. Typically the screen scans between the cameras in a certain time interval.
4. Motorola MBP43
The other two Motorola products above come with one camera and monitor, but this Motorola MBP43 comes with standard two cameras and monitor. All the main features most baby video monitors supported including night vision infrared, PTZ and parent unit are also supported by this Motorola MBP34 unit. LCD monitor with larger size – 3.5 inch, similar size as DR-8 gives you larger view, clear and sharp images. With the default two cameras and one monitor unit this product is offered more expensive – around $220. The rating is also good enough, 3.8 out of 5 star average customer rating.
- Comes with two camera units and one 3.5 inch full color LCD screen
- Camera Pan, Tilt and Zoom capability can be controlled by parent (monitor) unit
- Wifi coverage up to 590 ft (LoS) with 2.4GHz FHSS wifi technology
- Includes infrared for night vision and sound indicator
- 5 Lullabies and two communication with high sensitivity microphone
- Same as MBP41 this unit comes with power adapter and battery pack for parent unit and power adapter for each camera
Now you can compare the three Motorola products above with the following other baby monitor cameras by VTech VM321.
5. VTech VM321
The VTech VM321 model is nice like a toy, white beige color creates a calm nuance. Like others, this product come with default one camera unit and LCD monitor. Two way communication capability and 5 preset lullabies are plus features. Wifi range is longer up to 1000ft distance like other wifi coverage of the wireless routers.
This video baby monitor is affordable for most parents with the price around $150 for camera and parent unit.
- One camera and one 2.8” high resolution full color LCD monitor
- Day and night camera, automatic IR night vision
- Best view of the baby by adjusting camera lens for better camera angle
- Longer wifi coverage with 2.4 GHz frequency band for video and audio transmit up to 1000ft distance
- Beep alert in monitor for temperature drop or rise, lost camera connection, low battery
- 6-level sound indicator
- 3 languages (French, Spanish and English) with preset to English
- Can support up to four cameras each parent unit
Unlike the Motorola models, the screen of this VTech VM321 model can be split up to four cameras in one screen view. The drawback is that it doesn’t support Pan-Tilt and zoom capability like others. You can only adjust the camera position in some degrees angle vertically. So far the rating is good enough, 3.9 out of 5 star average customer rating in Amazon.
Continued to top 10 baby video monitors….Bye Now.