Bunch of wireless door lock products from various vendors available in the market today, which one is the best wifi door lock to meet your home security need?
What wifi door lock does?
A Wi-Fi door lock is a type of electronic door lock that can be controlled remotely through a Wi-Fi connection. These locks allow you to lock and unlock your door from anywhere with an internet connection, using a mobile app or web browser.
Wi-Fi door locks typically have several key components. First, they have a physical lock mechanism that attaches to your door and allows you to manually lock and unlock the door from the inside. Second, they have a wireless module that connects to your home Wi-Fi network, which allows you to control the lock remotely. Finally, they have a mobile app or web interface that you can use to access the lock’s features and settings.
When you want to lock or unlock your Wi-Fi door lock remotely, you simply use the mobile app or web interface to send a signal to the lock’s wireless module. This signal is then relayed to the lock mechanism, which either engages or disengages the lock as appropriate. You may also combine this with video camera doorbell.
What you need to know in selecting the best wifi door lock, the best wireless door lock to meet your home security need? Here are some tips and factors to consider when selecting the best Wi-Fi door lock:
Make sure the Wi-Fi door lock you choose is compatible with your home automation system, as well as any other smart home devices you may have. This will ensure that you can fully integrate the lock into your smart home setup.
Look for a Wi-Fi door lock that offers strong security features, such as encryption, two-factor authentication, and the ability to monitor access logs. Some locks also have built-in alarms or tamper alerts that can provide an extra layer of security. The latest wifi 6 routers such as Amazon eero 6 pro and Netgear Wifi 6e access points feature the latest WPA3 wifi encryption technology.
Consider the battery life of the lock, as well as whether it requires disposable or rechargeable batteries. Some locks have longer battery life than others, and some may also have a backup power source in case of a power outage.
Check the installation requirements of the Wi-Fi door lock, and whether it requires any special tools or skills to install. Some locks are designed to be easily installed by the user, while others may require professional installation.
Look for a lock that has an easy-to-use mobile app or web interface, as this will make it more convenient to manage access and settings. Some locks also have physical keypads or touch screens that allow for keyless entry, which can be a useful feature.
Consider the price of the lock, as well as any ongoing costs such as subscription fees or battery replacements. While a more expensive lock may offer more features or stronger security, it may not always be necessary depending on your needs.
By considering these factors, you can find a Wi-Fi door lock that meets your needs and provides the convenience and security you’re looking for in a smart home device.
Top 5 Best Wifi Door Lock
After reviewing the above guidelines for selecting the best wireless door lock from the multitude of products on the market, we have compiled a list of the top 5 most popular wireless door lock products on the market.
1. August Smart Wifi Door Lock
August produces a range of smart locks that can be controlled remotely using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Their locks are compatible with a wide range of home automation systems and can be integrated with other smart home devices.
The August Smart Lock is a smart home device that replaces your traditional deadbolt lock with a motorized locking mechanism that can be controlled using a mobile app on your Smartphone or other connected devices. The lock allows you to lock and unlock your door remotely, view a log of who has entered or left your home, and grant access to visitors or guests even when you’re not home.
The latest version of August smart lock is the 4th generation of August smart wifi door lock.
- Award-Winning Smart Lock with built-in wifi (802.11b/g/n) for easy connection to home internet wifi network
- Features auto lock when the door closed (up to 30 minute) and auto unlock features
- Android / iOS based August app or use your Apple watch, or August keypad to control and manage smart lock
- Can work seamlessly with popular smart home platforms like Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, and Apple HomeKit
- Powered by 2 CR123A batteries
- Compatibility with a variety of door types and sizes, including single-cylinder deadbolts and doors up to 2 inches thick
- Offers the ability to monitor who enters and exits through the Activity Feed feature.
- Easy installation, requiring only a screwdriver and a few minutes of your time
- Multiple levels of security, including two-factor authentication and encryption of all data transmissions
- Batteries don’t last long enough
- No way to check the battery level in the app
This August smart wifi door lock is the latest version (4th generation) and you don’t required August Connect wifi-bridge anymore, since it comes with built-in wifi adapter with battery powered.
The older version of August smart lock required the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, it is a device that connects your August Smart Lock to your home Wi-Fi network, allowing you to control your lock from anywhere using the August mobile app.
Without the August Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, the August Smart Lock can only be controlled using Bluetooth, which means you need to be in close proximity to the lock to lock or unlock it. With the Connect Wi-Fi Bridge, you can control your lock from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. The 4th generation of August smart lock comes with built-in wifi, so no more wifi-bridge device.
2. Wyze Lock
The Wyze Smart wifi door lock is an integration of Wyze Lock, Wyze gateway, and Wyze doorbell camera. It is a smart door lock that allows you to control and monitor access to your home through your Smartphone or voice assistant. It connects to your home WiFi network, enabling you to remotely lock or unlock your door, receive notifications when someone enters or leaves your home, and create temporary access codes for guests or service providers.
Wyze WiFi Door Lock has received positive reviews for its ease of installation, reliability, and overall functionality. It features a battery-powered design that last up to 12 months, so you don’t need to worry about running wires or having an electrical outlet nearby. The lock also has a built-in keypad, which provides an additional method of entry if you don’t have your Smartphone or key.
See also Wyze products in security cameras, Wyze floodlight cameras vs Blink.
As for technical specs, the Wyze WiFi Door Lock has a sleek and modern design, measuring (LxWxD) 4.9 x 2.5 x 13 inches. It is compatible with most standard US deadbolts and can be installed in minutes with just a screwdriver. The lock supports both Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity and can be controlled using the Wyze app or your voice through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
The Wyze WiFi Door Lock has gained a lot of attention due to its affordability and ease of use. It is marketed as a budget-friendly alternative to other smart locks on the market, with a retail price of around $100, more affordable than those popular August and Schlage Encode brands.
- Seamless Combination of Wyze Lock, Wyze Lock Gateway and Wyze Video doorbell and Wyze Chime
- Smart Wyze lock comes with built-in Bluetooth 5.0, and it fits to your existing deadbolt
- Includes with Wyze doorbell, 1080p Full HD video recording and a 3:4 aspect ratio
- Wyze video doorbell features motion detection, smart alerts, and video recording
- Built-in gyroscope to report the status of the door and a door sensor
- Powered by 4x AA batteries lasting up to 5~6 months in normal usage
- Works with your voice control Alexa, or Google Assistant
- Three devices, Wyze lock, Wyze Gateway and Wyze video door lock to get full wifi function with video camera doorbell
When you compare with August connect that doesn’t feature battery level indicator, Wyze smart doorbell comes with 4x AA batteries that can last up to 6 months and let you know when the batteries are running low, moreover, you still can use the existing manual key since Wyze lock doesn’t change your existing door key. And the best part is that you still get in with available backup power when you forget the replace the batteries.
The Wyze WiFi Door Lock is available for purchase directly from the Wyze website or through retailers such as Amazon and Home Depot. It has been well received by customers, with many praising its ease of installation, reliability, and affordability.
3. Eufy S320 Smart Lock
The eufy Security S230 Smart Lock is a smart lock designed to provide convenience and security for your home. It uses Bluetooth connectivity and wifi to allow you to lock and unlock your door using your smartphone or voice assistant. You can also create custom passcodes for friends and family or use the included physical key.
The eufy Security S230 Smart Lock is designed to be durable and reliable, built with stainless steel, zinc frame material, with a IP65 weather-resistant design and powered by rechargeable 10,000mAh battery to last one month in one charge. It also features advanced encryption technology to ensure your security.
Like Wyze Lock, the eufy Security S230 Smart Lock can work with the eufy video doorbell camera series, allowing you to see who is at your door and unlock it remotely using the same app. This integration provides an added layer of convenience and security for your home. In terms of price, the eufy Security S230 Smart Lock is generally more expensive than the Wyze Lock, but it does offer some additional features and the added security of a physical key.
Both the eufy Security S230 Smart Lock and the Wyze Lock are battery-powered smart locks, and the battery life of each lock will depend on several factors, such as usage frequency, the quality of the batteries used, and the temperature and weather conditions in which the lock is installed. Wyze comes with 4x AA batteries, while Eufy S230 comes with 3x rechargeable 10,000mAh batteries that can last only one month on single charge.
The eufy Security S230 Smart Lock has gained popularity for its ease of use and affordability compared to other smart lock options on the market. It is widely available for purchase from retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, and the eufy website. See also Eufy floodlight camera vs Ring.
Overall, the eufy Security S230 Smart Lock is a popular and reliable option for those looking for a smart lock for their home, and its compatibility with eufy Video Doorbells makes it a great addition to any smart home setup.
- Smart wifi lock with finger print to unlock, or use mobile device with Eufy Security app to control as well as keypad and the key
- Powered by Mabuchi motor, the world famous for their reliability and speed
- Can be integrated with eufy doorbell camera and works with Alexa and Google assistant
- Powered by 10,000mAh rechargeable battery and up to one month battery life
- Auto lock after a set time thanks to the gyroscope and geomagnetic chip detect when your door is unlocked
- For emergency unlock in case of out of power, you can use portable charger and use the physical key
- IP65 weatherproof with sturdy zinc alloy and stainless steel body frame
- Separate Eufy smart lock and Eufy doorbell for full wifi smart lock with camera. The new version S330 is a 3-1 integration camera, doorbell and Smart lock.
- Battery life is only 1 month
The eufy WiFi Door Lock is a smart lock that can be integrated with video doorbell, allowing you to remotely control access to your home and monitor your front door through your Smartphone or other compatible devices with eufy Security app installed.
Click here to see Eufy S230 series (#ad) in Amazon (#ads)
Overall, the eufy WiFi Door Lock combined with eufy doorbell camera is a solid choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive smart lock and video doorbell solution.
For new version S330, combined doorbell, camera and smart lock in 3-1 device, it comes with built-in camera and two-way audio system make it a great choice for homeowners who want to keep an eye on their front door and communicate with visitors remotely.
4. Ultraloq U-Bolt
The Ultraloq U-Bolt is another smart lock that has gained popularity in recent years. Like the Wyze WiFi Door Lock, it allows you to remotely control and monitor access to your home through your smartphone or voice assistant like Alexa and Google assistant.
The Ultraloq U-Bolt features a sleek and modern design, IP65 weatherproof, powered by 4x AA batteries, comes with built-in wifi so you don’t need a hub, easy management from your mobile devices with app installed, you can access from everywhere. It can be installed on most standard US deadbolts and supports both Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity for easy remote control.
The Ultraloq U-Bolt has received positive reviews for its ease of installation, reliability, and overall functionality. It features a range of access methods, including keyless entry via Bluetooth, fingerprint scanning, and access codes. It also supports voice control through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
The Ultraloq U-Bolt is priced competitively with other smart locks on the market, ranging from around $160 to $200 depending on the retailer and any current promotions. It is available for purchase directly from the Ultraloq website or through retailers such as Amazon and Best Buy.
- Smart auto lock and auto unlock door with built-in single band wifi (802.11b.g.n)
- Secure and durable smart lock door with ANSI grade 1 certified
- Powered by 4x AA batteries to last about one year battery life, up to 8,000 times access
- Control anywhere using Smartphone with the app, fingerprint, and easy to install
- Works with Alexa, Hey Google, SmartThings, and IFTTT
- Dual data encryption using secure 128-bit AES and a Dynamic Key
- Auto lock when the door closed
- IP65 weatherproof for external smart lock
- Micro USB for emergency when the battery is out of power
- Doesn’t include camera to see who is in front of the door
- You need to replace your current deadbolt with this one
Overall, the Ultraloq U-Bolt is a solid choice for anyone looking for a reliable and feature-rich smart lock. Its fingerprint scanning and access code options make it a great choice for families or small businesses, while its sleek design and easy installation make it a popular option for homeowners.
Click here to see Ultraloq U-Bolt (#ad) on Amazon (#ads)
5. Kwikset Halo
Kwikset is a brand that produces a variety of door locks, including electronic smart locks and traditional keyed locks. Kwikset door locks are designed to provide reliable security and easy installation.
Kwikset also produces electronic smart locks that can be controlled through a Smartphone app or integrated with smart home systems like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. These locks allow you to remotely lock and unlock your door, receive alerts when someone enters or leaves your home, and provide temporary access codes for guests or service providers.Bottom of Form
One of its popular products is Kwikset Halo. It is a smart lock designed for residential use. It offers keyless entry and can be controlled using a Smartphone app or a voice assistant such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant from anywhere with wifi enabled.
In terms of security, Kwikset Halo features intrusion detection, alerts will be sent automatically in case of unusual unlock activity that try to use invalid codes. In addition the door will lock automatically when you enter or exit the door.
- Smart door lock with built-in wifi, manage your door lock remotely anywhere with mobile devices and Kwikset app install
- Backlit touch screen support up to 250 access codes, share to guests with one time code
- Works with voice control Alexa, Google assistant, and alerts are sent for any successful / unsuccessful lock / unlock door
- Secure mode to temporarily disable the keypad for blocking entry, and the key is still working
- BHMA AAA grade certified for residential security
- Powered by 4x AA batteries
- Only compatible with standard deadbolt mounted separately from the handle
- Cannot work with existing deadbolt, existing one will be replaced with kwikset one
The Kwikset 99390-004 Halo is a popular smart lock that has received positive reviews from customers and tech experts. It is often praised for its ease of use, reliability, and security features. This product is widely available in the market and can be purchased from various retailers, including Amazon, Home Depot, and Best Buy. Its price varies depending on the retailer and any ongoing promotions or discounts.
Click here to see more details Kwikset Halo (#ad) in Amazon (#ads)
To enhance your home surveillance system, add best value Blink outdoor camera vs Arlo, affordable Blink wire-free cameras vs most popular premium Arlo wire-free cameras. Or you may also like Google Nest Cam vs Arlo Pro wire-free cameras.