Top 5 Webcams for Conference Rooms
If during this pandemic you spend more time for working from home, of course you need a real-time communication needs to your colleagues in remote office. You need a webcam which is often used for video conferencing using zoom applications or other VC applications. Even though your laptop at home comes with embedded camera, the resulting quality is far from expected when you compare it with external webcam. See best cam for zoom meeting.
Webcams for conference rooms
Unlike the need for a webcam for online zoom meetings where each participant uses their own laptop from home, the need for webcams for conference rooms is different because it involves a group of people in a small to large rooms who need to be accommodated to participate in the video conference. Which one is best cam for conference room?
Features to consider
Unlike the webcam for zoom at home, the webcam for the conference room must meet the requirements that allow the quality of the video conference to have good performance, at least there are few things you need to consider.
1. Internet Bandwidth
Video conferencing takes up a fairly wide bandwidth, so you have to make sure that the internet service plan from your provider is wide enough for upload and download needs. Technically the zoom application requires a minimum of 1.5Mbps either upstream or downstream, not to mention the needs of other applications such as browsing, email, and other database application widely used by lots of people in your office.
2. Video Recording Resolution
Video resolution plays an important role in providing good and perfect image quality, not producing low-resolution images with lot of noise. At least the resolution of the webcam used is full HD 1080p @ 30 fps, although 720p is sufficient, but for your business representation needs, use a webcam with 1080p resolution or higher.
3. Field of View angle
In a large indoor video conference meeting involving many people surrounding a meeting table, your webcam’s field of view angle should cover everyone in the large meeting room. Or if possible your webcam can feature PTZ (panning, tilting and zooming) capabilities.
Make sure that your webcam has a good quality of built-in microphone; at least it has such kind of noise reduction technology (aka noise cancellation feature) to reduce noise from other background voices that can cause severe background noise.
Best 5 Webcams for Conference Rooms
Here are the top 5 best cam for conference room products from various vendors. Each vendor has several product series and we choose one of the flagship products they released to the market with excellent rated in some online stores.
1. Logitech Conference Cam BCC950
One of the most popular webcams for conference room on the market is the Logitech bcc950, one of the many products that Logitech offers for video conference needs of up to 4 participants. It is compact designed and sits on meeting table and is equipped with a stem extender that allows eye-to-eye contact.
- All-in-one full HD 1080p @30 fps motorized eye-level webcam for small conference room up to 4 people, tabletop model with 228 mm extender stem
- Support 1.2 HD zoom, 70 degree field of view angle, up to 180 degree panning
- Rightlight™ 2 Technology for challenging low lighting environment
- Comes with full duplex communication with built-in Omni-directional speakerphone and noise-cancelling microphone with range up to 8 ft (2.4m)
- Plug and play, no software required, USB connection to Windows and Mac computer and supports all VC applications
- Remote control for camera and audio including mute button
Logitech bcc950 is ideal for small team meeting in a small conference room, and this product is tagged with affordable price under $300 in Amazon (#ads) and receives 4.5 excellent rated in Amazon, one of best cam for conference room up to 4 participants.
2. Logitech Connect
Another webcam for conference room series that Logitech offers with tabletop design is Logitech Connect which is offered more expensive than the Logitech bcc950 series. When compared to the bcc950 series which supports 1.2x HD Zoom, the Logitech Connect series supports up to 4x HD zoom, as well as viewing angles up to 90 degrees compared to bcc950 with only 78 degrees view angle.
When compared to bcc950 series which requires an extender stem for seeing eye-to-eye meeting, the Connect model is designed with a cylinder model with a height of about 300 mm, almost the same height as the bcc950 with extender stem.
- Full HD motorized webcam for conference room with cylinder tower and tabletop model for easy eye-to-eye seeing. Ideal for small group of up to 5 people home office
- Sharp and clear 1080p @30 fps video with premium glass lens, 90 degree view angle and zoom in up to 4x digital zoom HD
- Comes with Bluetooth full duplex speakerphone and two Omni-directional microphones and 360 degree wideband audio
- Dialing via Smartphone is easier by simply pair connecting via Bluetooth / NFC
- Powered by rechargeable battery for up to 3 hours video call and up to 15 hours audio call and AC power supply is also available
- USB plug and play to Windows or Mac computers and supports all VC software
- Rightlight 2 technology to challenge various lighting conditions for best image
- Comes with remote control for panning, tilting and digital zooming
Logitech Connect series is ideal for small offices with small number of people, up to 1080p with 360 degree wideband audio and Bluetooth speakerphone and 4x digital zoom. Compared with bcc950 series, this Connect series is tagged with much higher price, but it is one of best cams for conference room.
3. Tenveo VA2000
Tenveo released few models of webcam for conference room and one of them is discussed here – the Tenveo va2000 model.
If the two products offered by Logitech as discussed above are suitable for the needs of small meeting rooms with up to 5 people, the Tenveo va2000 is good for meeting rooms with capacity of up to 25 participants, large enough for offices meeting room ranging from 40 sq m up to 100 sq meters.
When compared to Logitech Connect which supports up to 4x digital zoom, Tenveo va2000 is equipped with Varifocal lens with 3x optical motorized zoom feature so when you zoom in the image quality is still sharp and clear, no noise as demonstrated by webcam with digital zoom.
- Professional USB 2.0 plug and play webcam for conference rooms with high resolution up to 1080p @30 fps
- Designed with varifocal lens f=3.0 mm ~ 10.0 mm with 3x optical motorized zoom
- Field of view angle 128 degree (wide angle) up to 37 degree (Tele angle)
- Ideal for large meeting room up to 25 people, as large as 40 sq m up to 100 sq m.
- Feature PTZ, panning up to 350 degree and tilting up to 90 degree and up to 3 optical zoom
- Comes with high quality speakerphone and Omni-directional microphone with noise cancellation for 8~10 people and range up to 20ft (6m)
- Works with most VC software including Zoom, Microsoft Lync, Skype etc and works with Microsoft, Mac etc
- Comes with remote control
Tenveo va2000 with 3x optical motorized zoom, and panning up to 350 degree is ideal covering the whole people in the large meeting room of up to 25 sq m. This product is tagged with the price around $498 in Amazon (#ads), best cam for conference room with 3x optical motorized zoom.
4. Meeting Owl Pro
There are two types of Meeting Owl webcam, the standard Meeting Owl with 720p resolution and the Meeting Owl Pro which offers 1080p camera resolution and two times louder room sound via 360 tri-speaker and smart microphones.
The most interesting and smart thing about Meeting Owl Pro is that the camera will focus on whoever is speaking in the meeting with panning and zooming features as if you are face to face with the speaker in the meeting.
- USB plug and play Smart webcam for conference room with 1080p resolution @30 fps, powered by Owl Intelligence System
- Tabletop design covering 360 degree panning and smart digital zooming
- Automatically shift the webcam to focus whoever speaking in the meeting
- 8pcs Smart microphones with radius audio pickup up to 18ft (5m) and comes with 360 degree triple speakerphone
- Ideal for medium sized room up to 15×20 ft
- Works with all popular video conferencing software including Zoom, Skype, WebEx etc
- Wifi connectivity with MIMO and WPA2 security encryption
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 605 processor
- More expensive
If you compare with Tenveo va2000 above, see that Tenveo is superior with 3x optical zoom, however Meeting Owl Pro features smart webcam that demonstrates auto shift to whoever speaking in the meeting room.
Meeting Owl Pro is ideal webcam for conference room with smart features you will love, however the price is more expensive compared with the two Logitech bc950 or Logitech Connect as discussed above.
5. PTZOptics-20X-SDI GEN-2
If you thing that Meeting Owl Pro is tagged with expensive price, you will be surprised with the webcam for conference room product below that is tagged with nearly twice as expensive as Owl Pro, the PTZOptics-20X-SDI GEN-2, one of best cam for conference room products with optical zoom.
What makes this product different?
When you compare this PTZ Optic 20x with Logitech and Owl Pro you can see that they are not featuring optical zoom but digital zoom. This product comes with high quality varifocal lens with 20x optical motorized zoom.
You will get the same sharp and clear image quality without noise either zooming in or zooming out from wide angle or Tele angle for person in distance. This would be very ideal for large conference room with lots of people in the meeting. The good thing is that this webcam features wide dynamic range (WDR) that helps the camera challenging the bright and shade parts within the frame.
- USB 3.0 plug and play webcam for conference room with full HD 1080p resolution @60/30 fps
- High quality varifocal lens ranging from f4.42 mm ~ 88.5 mm; aperture f1.8 ~ f2.8
- 2D and 3D noise reduction with ‘low noise CMOS sensor’ and WDR supports
- 20x optical motorized lens zoom, ideal for distance objects clearly
- Field of view angle 3.36° (tele) to 60.7° (wide) horizontal view angle; 1.89° (tele) to 34.1°(wide) vertical view angle
- Video output HDMI; USB 3.0, IP streaming or CVBS Simultaneously
- This PTZ Optic 20x is ideal for web-based conferencing and and collaboration software solutions including Zoom, Skype, WebEx and still more
- Opens source webcam control for professional custom control
- Supports POE
- Doesn’t come with speaker and microphone, but 3.5mm audio input
- Big gear, highly technical, not ideal for tabletop webcam but wall mount, ceiling mount or pole mount
- Very expensive for small to medium conference room
You may connect this POE webcam to any of NVR system with built-in POE switch such as 32 channel Lorex and GW Security NVR system together with other security cameras.
For small to medium size conference room, this webcam is too much, however for stage or concert hall this gear is appropriate. Click the link below to shop the product in Amazon (#ads).